Employer: Crossroads Animal Hospital
Position: Associate Veterinarian
Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Medicine Hat, Alberta
Employment Address: 181 Carry Drive SE, Medicine Hat, Alberta Canada T1B 3T2
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
• Eligible for discretionary bonuses and increases in salary;
• Paid vacation/sick leave, Continuing Education (CE) allowance, VIN membership, annual licenses paid;
• Dental Benefits, Extended Medical insurance;
• Employee Assistance Program;
• Vision Care;
• Generous pet policy;
• Access to network of over 1000 veterinarians
• Malpractice insurance
Salary: $97,000 / year
Contact: please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Crossroads Animal Hospital” in email subject line.
• Perform routine therapeutic procedures
• Perform Veterinary surgery
• Responsible for patient records management
• Post-operative observation
• Accurate client billing
• Participate in continuing education matters
• Examine animals and diagnose problems or diseases through physical examinations or laboratory tests
• Diagnosing and prescribing medication to sick or injured animals
• Consult with pet owners about preventive healthcare; and carry out medical and surgical procedures, such as vaccinations, dental work, and fractures.
• Perform routine surgeries and handling emergency cases
• Consulting clients on hygiene and general care of their pets. Exemplary skills to work with colleagues, clinic staff, pet parents and community
• Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, and euthanasia
• Offer general wellness and vaccinations, nutrition and weight management programs.
• May enforce government regulations in disease control and food production.
• Keeping up with the flow of the clinic and meeting expected appointment times
• Expected to attend monthly DVM and all other team meetings, and contribute ideas and feedback at the meetings that will help with the health of the clinic and patients
• 4-5 year university degree in veterinary medicine (as well as any required pre-veterinary studies for the university program, if applicable)
• Completion of national certification examinations or equivalent are required.
• Provincial Licensing in Alberta is required or ability to obtain
• Passion for what you do every day! Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude are a must
• A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
• Solid communication skills, both when dealing with clients and interpersonal relationships
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and on call, if needed.