We are currently seeking an experienced CNC Machinist to workday shifts. Pilot Precision, Ltd. is a precision machine shop based in Stittsville, ON. Working at our company, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the production manager and learn valuable skills and be challenged.
Upon hiring, the candidate must commit to the rules that the business adheres to; given the current pandemic, Pilot Precision, Ltd. is aware of the health-related measures that are currently at play. The company takes these regulations seriously and all employees are expected to comply as well.
• Read blueprints and drawings
• Set up, operate and maintain computer numerical control (CNC) machines and tools
• Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and layout workpieces
• Fit and assemble components and machine parts to close tolerance
• Verify conformance of machined workpiece to specifications
• Report deviations from specifications and tolerances to supervisor
• Perform Computer-Aided Design (CAD) when needed
• Verify dimensions of parts machined using precision measuring instruments, including but not limited to micrometres, calipers, fixed and heigh gauges, Co-ordinate Measuring machines (CMM)
• Maintain and calibrate precision measuring instruments
• Perform designated tasks using hand tools including measuring tools and indicators
• Complete other duties as assigned
Hours of Work: As required to meet requirements, generally 40 hours per week. Schedules are primarily night shifts but may occasionally include afternoons and weekends.
Hourly Wage: $25.00 to $28.00 and overtime pay as required by the Employment Standards Act, 2000.
Benefits: Extended Care Group Insurance, Life Insurance (after 3-month probationary period)
Vacation: 2 weeks
Job Type: Full-time
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: 5710 Akins Road, Stittsville, Ontario, Canada K2S 1B8
• Completion of high school
• Must speak English
• At least 3 years of experience as a CNC machinist
• Knowledge of Fanuc and/or OSP controllers is an asset
• Remote interview process.
• Personal protective equipment provided or required.
• Temperature screenings.
• Social distancing guidelines in place.
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place