Proudly serving Toronto and the surrounding area, Elite Grande Restaurant and Banquet Hall is Toronto’s award winning reception and event facility. Our venue rooms are perfect for weddings, private parties and corporate events providing sophisticated fine dining with an atmosphere of style, class, and glamour.
Located in North York, Elite Grande offers a taste of refined elegance with delicious cuisine featuring European, Russian, & international dishes. Sit down and enjoy a exquisite dinner and show prepared by your hosts Victoria and Dmitriy. If you are looking for an extravagant and exciting evening, make your next event a Grande one!
At the moment, we are looking for an experienced Cook to join our growing team. The successful candidate will have years of experience in Eastern European cuisine.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning menu in accordance with consumer tastes as well as raw ingredient prices,
• Planning, preparing and cooking Eastern European and Kosher-style dishes, including various appetizers – zakuski (Russian style herring,
kholodets, beef tongue, blinchiki, foie gras, coulibiac), salads (olivie, dressed herring salad, vinegret, etc.) and main course meals/soups
(Ukrainian borsch, pelmeni, solyanka, shchi, buckwheat kasha, gifelte fish, latkes, etc.);
• Estimating food requirements and maintaining inventory;
• Ensuring the kitchen is fully prepared for service (e.g. cutting ingredients, preparing sauces, marinating, etc.),
• Instructing and leading less experienced cooks and kitchen helpers in garnishing and presenting dishes,
• Training cooks on new cooking techniques specific to certain dishes (e.g. searing, breading, whisking, etc.) and ensuring all kosher
culinary basics are followed,
• Ensuring superior quality of food once it leaves the kitchen.
• Permanent, full time employment
• 35 hours per week with an occasional need to work overtime (up to 45 hours per week)
• Compensation: $17.00 per hour
• Work location: 1126 Finch Avenue West, Toronto, ON M3J 3J6
• At least 3 – 5 years of experience in cooking in a fast-pace restaurant/banquet hall
• Secondary High School Diploma
• Good experience preparing Eastern European dishes with good knowledge of Kosher dietary guidelines
• Good English language skills
How to apply:
Please apply with your detailed resume outlining previous duties in same/similar capacity by replying to this posting or by email at email@example.com. Please do not contact the office directly, you will be contacted if you are found suitable for the position.
Please visit our website at https://elitegranderestaurant.com/ to know more about our services.