At Boushehri Financial Consulting Inc., we believe in creating positive and memorable experiences for our clients. Our culture is rooted in our values, leadership accountability, and the nurturing and growth of our team.
We are seeking a passionate and skilled Executive Chef to enhance our event experiences.
As an Executive Chef, you contribute to the overall success of our company by showcasing our quality of services through leading the creation and execution of our catering menus for our private client events.
Our ideal candidate should have Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine experience (or be ready to jump to that level after extensive Sous Chef or equivalent experience), a passion for food and menu design, be a skilled chef, a born leader and have a knack for running a tight, efficient and cost-effective kitchen – while maintaining a positive working environment, ensuring menu consistency and maintaining our high customer service standards.
• You are a trained chef with a high degree of creativity and passion for food and menu design.
• You have a minimum of 5 years experience leading a culinary team.
• You are proficient in networking, negotiating, planning, organization and time and budget management.
• You take a proactive approach to cost savings, without compromising product and customer experience.
• You are comfortable pushing back and negotiating with suppliers to ensure you get the best price.
• You take a creative approach to ordering and are always looking for ways to reduce food cost.
• You are a positive person and enjoy collaborating with other teams and our event department.
• You are a clear communicator able to share a focused vision of food and service to all team members.
• You believe that there is always room for improvement and like to continuously improve menu items, recipes and methods.
• You are a team player comfortable with collaborating with other departments to design custom menus to capture business.
• You have your finger on the pulse of food trends and can adapt to changing client wants and needs.
• Leading the culinary operations of all events.
• New menu and menu item creation; recipe development, finalization and input, ingredient sourcing, presentation/plating and accurate costing.
• Annual budget development and maintenance.
• Quality control; ensuring food preparation and service delivery standards are consistently achieved and maintained. And all events go flawlessly with respect to food and quality of service.
• Securing and controlling all food stock used in the kitchen to ensure minimal wastage.
• Preparing the weekly ordering of food stock and supplies.
• Monitoring food costs and ensuring that the correct margins are achieved.
• Monitoring inventory and all kitchen stock levels
• Appropriately forecasting and budgeting to ensure labour costs and productivity management are achieved and schedules ambassadors to ensure proper staffing levels are maintained in accordance with any agreements in place.
• Leading and inspecting the product, including buffet set ups, displays and services delivered meet the company’s standards.
• Collaborate with the Chief Operations Officer on business development and operational improvements.
• Work cohesively with our Event Management team.
• Work staffed events when required.
• Performs any other duties as required.
• Experience with large scale event catering.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Tech-savvy – fully proficient with current Google programs and cloud- based software solutions: sheets, docs, etc.
• Previous experience within world class food and service.
• Strong oral and written communication, leadership, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Self-motivated team player with demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, team environment
• Demonstrated superior internal and external customer service philosophy, striving towards a harmonious team environment.
• Able to meet physical demands of the position, including standing for long period of time, lifting up to 30 lbs and bending.
• Exemplifies Boushehri Financial Consulting Inc’s core values, dress code and enjoys working in a culture of accountability.
• Able to work a flexible schedule, which includes some evenings, weekends and holidays.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
• Holiday availability
Supplemental pay types:
• Bonus pay
Work Location: multiple locations as required. Mainly in Downtown Vancouver core.