Permanent Position: Long Haul Truck Driver (NOC #7511)
Company: Speed Dynamics Inc.
Location: Suite 302, 800 Strickland Street, Whitehorse, Yukon Canada Y1A 2K1
Wage Rate: $30.50/hour for 40-60 hours/week
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: Full-Time, Permanent
Education: High School
Experience: No experience is required
Credentials: Driver’s License (Class 1 or A), Air Brakes Endorsement
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
• Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials.
• Drive lighter, special purpose trucks.
• Load and unload goods.
• Transport and handle dangerous goods.
• Perform brake adjustments.
• Perform emergency roadside repairs.
• Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
• Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle.
• Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
• Receive and relay information to central dispatch.
• Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
• Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo.
Other Information: Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada. Position is available and open to Aboriginal youth, Students, Indigenous People and New Immigrants. Financial Support for Relocation will be provided to eligible candidates.
Security and Safety: Valid passport, Drug Test, Driving Record check (abstract).
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel cross-border, Willing to travel for extended periods, Willing to travel internationally, Drive manual transmission vehicle, Valid driver’s license, Willing to travel overnight.
Documentation Knowledge: Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, in-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports, Accident or incident reports, Dangerous goods occurrence reports.
Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Organized, Flexibility.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to Detail, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Sitting, Overtime Required.
Work Location Information: Willing to relocate, Various locations, Relocation costs covered by employer.
Communication Systems Experience: Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment.
Transportation/Travel Experience: National, Regional, Long-haul, International.
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles), Tractor-trailer.