Managers at Canada’s leading casual dining restaurant, Boston Pizza, oversees the daily operations of the Restaurant, front of the house and in the Kitchen. This includes the training, development, staffing, scheduling and performance management of the team members. The Manager is responsible for ensuring that our most important people, our Guests and team members, have an excellent Boston Pizza experience from start to finish. They also demonstrate outstanding leadership abilities, believe in championing a fun and safe work environment and contribute to a thriving workplace culture.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads by example and works alongside their team members
• Achieves goals through strong organizational skills and effective time management
• Builds relationships by finding common ground and working cohesively with all team members
• Committed to championing the “Foundations of Hospitality,” Boston Pizza’s Brand Standards and Food Safety
• Effectively communicates, sharing goals, challenges and is continuously coaching the team on ways to progress
• Maintains a positive composure and thrives in a fast pace environment
• Driven by professional development opportunities, and is consistently seeking new learning and skill-building moments
• Completes and posts the staff work schedules.
• Recruits, rewards and terminates staff as needed.
• Communicates changes of food preparations formulas, standards, etc. to staff.
• Maintains business records and analyzes them to increase sales.
• Supports local and national marketing initiatives.
• Identifies and contacts prospective customers to promote sales.
• Plans special events and promotions.
• Identify new vendors and suppliers for procurement of raw material.
• Oversee day to day banking needs like paying suppliers and employees, depositing cash to business accounts etc.
• Address customers’ complaints or concerns
Other skills Requirements:
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to work in the kitchen and/or front of the house
Education: Some high school or equivalent.
Experience & Skills: 1 year to less than 2 years of experience in food industry
Hourly Rate: $ 21 per Hour for 30 to 40 Hours per week
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: Fulltime and permanent
Benefits: 4 % Vacation Pay,