Established in 1989, Seafood City is a U.S.-based chain of full-service supermarkets with 27 locations across the United States. We specialize in Filipino food and products, while offering a growing selection of imported Asian goods and North American staples. Each store contains a food court, which offers a variety of freshly prepared Filipino dishes.
Seafood City launched its first Canadian store in Mississauga, Ontario, in 2017. Due to its resounding success, Seafood City has opened additional locations in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Calgary Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, and Scarborough, Ontario.
To support the growth and success of our Scarborough store, Seafood City Supermarket is looking for six (6) experienced Meat Cutters to join our team. You will be working at our Scarborough store, located at 20 Lebovic Avenue, Scarborough, Ontario, M1L 4V9, Canada.
This is a permanent, full-time position, based on 40 hours per week, with occasional overtime.
Further information respecting the position can be found below.
You will be responsible for preparing standard and specialty cuts of meat for display and sale in our supermarket. Your duties will include the following:
• Participate in training of new meat cutters;
• Cut, trim, de-bone, slice, and grind meats according to company and customer specifications;
• Prepare special cuts of meat preferred by Filipino and other Asian consumers, such as Adobo Cut, Cross-cut Bulalo, Bopis, Beef Tapa, Pork or Chicken Tocino, Lechon Kawali, Pork Long Feet, Pork Ham Leg, and Filipino Carne Asada;
• Arrange cuts of meat in display cases, rotate products, and restock as required to meet customer needs;
• Respond to customer inquiries and make product recommendations;
• Prepare marinades using specific Filipino and Asian ingredients, and marinade meats according to size and cut of meat;
• Operate and maintain meat-cutting tools (e.g. knives) and equipment (e.g. band saw, meat grinder, auto-wrapper, temperature-controlled display racks) in accordance with safety and sanitation standards;
• Observe strict food safety standards and regulations in the thawing, handling, preparation and processing of meat products;
• Clean and sanitize work area and equipment in accordance with health and safety standards and regulations; and
• Monitor quality of meat products received from suppliers to ensure it meets company specifications, and notify Department Supervisor of any concerns.
We are looking for candidates who can meet the following minimum requirements:
• Completion of secondary school;
• At least three (3) years of experience in butchering, handling, processing and packing of meat products;
• Knowledge of distinct Filipino and Asian cuts of meat such as Adobo Cut, Cross-cut Bulalo, Bopis, Beef Tapa, Pork or Chicken Tocino, Lechon Kawali, Pork Long Feet, Pork Ham Leg, and Filipino Carne Asada;
• Experience using meat cutting equipment, such as a band saw, grinder, and slicer;
• Manual dexterity for cutting and trimming;
• Able to lift up to 50lbs independently, or up to 75lbs with assistance; and
• Basic ability to communicate in English (spoken and written).
We offer a competitive compensation package, which includes the following:
• Wage: $18.00 per hour, based on 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week (wages are subject to periodic and incremental raises)
• Overtime Rate: $27.00 per hour, after 44 hours per week
• 10 days of vacation per year
• Roundtrip transportation costs for out of province applicants
• Private health care insurance coverage for out of province applicants (equal to the Ontario provincial health insurance plan) until such a time that the applicant is eligible for Ontario provincial health insurance.
If you are interested in the position, and meet all of our qualifications, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the position and store location in the subject line of your email
Company Contact Information
Fortune Marketplace ULC (operating as Seafood City Supermarket)
20 Lebovic Avenue