We are seeking a Real Estate Paralegal to join a downtown law firm. Are you a self-starter who shares a passion for delivering exceptional client service and being part of building a terrific firm? The culture of this firm is a friendly and collaborative one and a great place to develop and thrive. They offer a supportive and nurturing team that will enable you to fulfil your potential while you help shape the future of their firm.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys variety at a fast-paced busy desk that offers a broad range of responsibilities and challenges. The successful candidate must be able to confidently utilize strong administrative and technical knowledge and practice management skills to execute in this role. You will be required to demonstrate initiative, strong communication (both verbal and written), organizational skills, and have a desire to work in a team-driven environment to promote a client-first focused culture.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with core work hours of Monday to Friday.
• Drafting and/or preparing various legal documents, presentations and correspondence, and ensuring that they are in proper format and accurate
• Administering residential sale, purchase, mortgage files, handling all tasks from initial file opening through to final reporting and file closing
• Arranging for service and filing of legal documents and related instructions to process filing
• Managing and tracking deadlines/closings, and arranging client meetings
• Typing general correspondence and various legal documents from handwritten notes or verbal instructions
• Managing internal and external communications which includes incoming calls, mail, faxes and e-mail, responding when needed and as appropriate
• Dealing with and responding to client inquiries and conducting follow up as required.
• Working with other internal Departments to provide documents/other materials on time to meet client needs
• Continually assessing and establishing work priorities as needed
• Demonstrating a team approach; supporting and standing in for colleagues to cover absences
• Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience in a law office
• Three (3) years’ experience in Real Estate Law
• Post-secondary education with a Legal Assistant Diploma and/or Law Clerk certificate or equivalent education and experience
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of legal terminology, procedures, and statutes
• Proficient with legal software (PC Law and Lawyer Done Deal are required) & MS Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams)
• Excellent time management, organizational, prioritization skills.
• Ability to work independently and within tight timelines
• Eagerness to learn new technology/processes and further develop skills
• Excellent attention to detail and diligent proofreading strengths
• Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent team player
• Good judgement, ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters