Flynn Canada Ltd. is currently recruiting skilled Roofer Apprentices (commercial) to fill 8 F/T vacancies in the Ottawa and surrounding area (1655 Comstock Rd, Gloucester, ON K1B 5L2). Other locations across Ontario will be required based on awarded projects.
The position of “Roofer Apprentice” is a skilled labour role, in which the Roofer Apprentice works within a team, reporting to the site foreman to lay a variety of roofs on industrial, institutional, and commercial buildings.
• Install, repair or replace Conventional 4 ply (built up roofing) systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
• Install, repair or replace Modified Bitumen (Mod-Bit) roofing
• Or Install, repair or replace single ply roofing systems, using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics or asphalt compositions
• Use of hand tools and power tools for installation
• Repair or replacement of all roofing systems
• Providing training to more junior level, less experienced workers
• 1-2 years’ roofing (commercial) experience
• No formal education required
• Intermediate English or French skills
• This is a unionized position; if hired, all candidates will be required to become a member (if not already)
Skills & Knowledge:
• Ability to work and communicate with others
• Ability to install all kinds of buildup roofing systems (including trusses)
• Ability to work at heights
• Ability to learn and obey our extensive company safety policy
Terms of Employment:
• Permanent full-time at 30-40 hours a week. Overtime on Saturday and after 44 hours a week, paid at time and a half. Double time on Sundays and holidays;
• $25.00 – $29.75 per hour, depending on qualifications (starting wage for meeting minimum requirements is $25.00, wage scale increases based on additional experience). The salary increase is dependent on annual review;
• Benefits package offered by Union.
• 4% vacation pay on all earnings, 6% stat holiday pay on all earnings except for vacation pay.